Here’s your chance to get to know new and old members!
Saturday, May 6, 2017
We will cruise to the Queen Mary in Long Beach where there will be a tour available at 10:30 AM for all who are interested at a cost of $15 per person. Please also note, parking will be $12 per car. After the tour, we will cruise back down the coast to the “Clubhouse” in Huntington Beach for our fabulous free BBQ lunch provided by COCOA OC, Paul Westberg and Richard Dayyat! Remember, we are a Ford/Shelby oriented car club so bring out your COCOA OC Shelby, Cobra, Mustang or other Ford for the cruise. The entire event at the clubhouse is free to all current members but only if you are wearing your name badge!
SPECIAL THANKS TO FRANK LEWIS, PAUL WESTBERG AND RICHARD DAYYAT
All new members (who joined between 2015- 2017) will receive a goodie bag!
Here are the details:
- Meet at South Coast Plaza and depart for cruise at 9:15 AM (east parking lot off Bristol in front of Sears)
- Drive to the Queen Mary in Long Beach. After the tour, we will then cruise down the coast to the clubhouse (map will be available)
- Arrive at Frank and Paul’s clubhouse around 12:30 PM for BBQ lunch!
- Lunch: Special ribs, chicken and hot links along with hamburgers, hot dogs, salads and all the fixins, sodas and dessert (cooked and served by Master Chef Richard Dayyat and some OLD COCOA OC members—well maybe some young “old” ones too!!)
- Free B-B-Q and soft drinks for all 2017 COCOA OC Members
- FREE GOODIE BAG and COCOA OC T Shirt to all NEW members in attendance
- RACING SIMULATOR COMPETITION – at the clubhouse. You will have a shot at some down and dirty racing on two state-of-the-art racing simulators.
- All “Old” members NOT WEARING their name badge will be Charged $10 for this event
- OPTION 1: You must RSVP online and pay $15 per person for the Queen Mary tour online via PayPal if you intend to join us for a tour of the ship. Parking fees will be paid upon entry to the parking lot. We will then proceed together to the free BBQ afterwards.
- OPTION 2: You also must RSVP online if you just plan to meet us at the clubhouse for the free BBQ this way we can get an accurate count for food. When submitting your RSVP online, simply ignore the PayPal prompt since the BBQ is free!
A printable flyer can be found here: 10th Annual New Member Cruise and BBQ 2017 Flyer